What is the importance of physical activity?
Regular physical activity helps improve your overall health and fitness, and reduces your risk for many chronic diseases. It can help:
- Control your weight.
- Reduce the risk factors for cardiovascular disease.
- Reduce the risk fro some cancers.
- Strengthen your bones and muscles.
- Improve your mental health and mood.
- Improve your ability to do activities.
- Improve your chance of living longer.
The American Heart Association recommends 30 minutes a day. Start slowly and go at your own pace. As a trainer, I recommend the benefits of aerobic exercise plus strengthen training if it works for you because not everybody it’s at the same level of activity so that’s why you need to be evaluated first.